Emory University Sustainable Food Initiative // Emory's sustainability vision sets an ambitious goal of 75 percent local or sustainably grown food in its hospitals and cafeterias by 2015. Sustainably grown food supports environmental health, worker welfare and wages, and farm viability, as well as taste and nutrition.
Georgia Food Bank Association // The Georgia Food Bank Association is comprised of seven regional food banks who are part of the Feeding America network. Working through more than 2,500 partner agencies and pantries, they distribute more than 75 million pounds of food annually to 159 counties in Georgia.
- Atlanta Community Food Bank (Atlanta)
- The Food Bank of Northeast Georgia (Athens)
- Feeding the Valley (Columbus)
- Middle Georgia Community Food Bank (Macon)
- Golden Harvest Food Bank (Augusta)
- Second Harvest South Georgia (Valdosta)
- Americas Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia (Savannah)
Georgia Organics // Georgia Organics connects organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families.