Rather than risk obsessive tweeting and Facebook timeline fatigue, I've gathered some of the must-read food industry articles from August into a digestible blog post. Read one or read them all. You're sure to learn something both uplifting and appalling about our food system!
2. Mark Bittman celebrates farmers.
3. If any of these "food" products make your weekly rotation, you could be digesting butane and antifreeze.
5. Humanity might be forced to become vegetarian by 2050.
6. Will California be the first state to label genetically modified food?
7. Drought is one factor of many driving up food prices.